2023 APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Made possible with support from the Song Foundation, up to 60 companies may be accepted to compete IN TEAMS on the Main Stage at the University of Michigan football stadium October 10, 2023 for $150,000 of non-dilutive funding and free legal services with a $5,000 MiSpringboard grant from Varnum LLP. Please read all eligibility and competition details below before applying!
- Must be headquartered or have significant base of operations in the state of Michigan
- Must have an established, full-time founding team
- Product must be in market and generating ARR
- Committed to growing the business/team in the state of Michigan (does not exclude also growing out of state)
- Companies who have already raised $2 million or more in funding (excluding state or federal grants) are not eligible
- Past winners (recipients of prize funding) of the MFF Venture Competition are not eligible
APPLICATIONS Open Now through 11:59 PM on Wednesday, Sep 27, 2023.
Now through Sep 27th: a selection committee will review the online applications and select the founders/companies who will be invited to participate in the competition
Sep 29th: all accepted founders/companies will be notified and provided with a list and contact information for all other accepted competitors, along with details about the competition activities
Sep 30th: SAVE THE DATE for a 12pm noon virtual kick-off call for accepted applicants to meet one another and learn more about what to expect leading up to the competition on Oct 10
Sep 29th - Oct 9th: your objective is to form a team totaling 3-5 companies/founders (minimum = 3; maximum = 5). You can contact any of the other accepted founders/companies from the list that is provided on Sep 29th
Sep 29th - Oct 9th: as soon as you have formed a team, you must submit the team member names and company information to the MFF Venture Competition organizers. ALL TEAMS ARE DUE BY 12:00PM OCT 9th IN ORDER TO COMPETE
Oct 10th: Competition Day Sprint on the day of the competition, each team will be provided 60 minutes (day-off sprint) to put together their team pitch
COMPETITION: TEAM PITCHES OCTOBER 10TH MAIN STAGE
Each team of 3-5 must develop a plan for how they can leverage different facets of their relationships/business/product to support one another in achieving mutual success in growing their business. This is what they will pitch to judges onstage October 10, 2023.
Pitch Format: 5 minutes to pitch, with 5 mins Q&A
2. Strength of collaboration/outline of outcomes and ability/feasibility of being achieved
3. Strength of the individual company business models within the team
4. Consideration of diversity, equity and inclusion (of the team plan)
5. Economic Impact in Michigan - committed to growing some part of their business in-state
The winning team will split the prize money equally amongst each team member